Tips for Using Spray Paint
It is often seen in the news that some guys are graffiti on the street with spray paint cans. I never think that spray paint has anything to do with me. However, recently the family needs to make some signs on some household items, and it suddenly occurred to me that this kind of spray paint is more suitable.
Because home items have various surface materials, we chose the more flexible and mainstream brand Rust-Oleum. Below is a can of white Rust-Oleum .
Some people think that we just spray on the items after buying the spray paint, I am one of them. Fortunately, I realized it was wrong soon after I started using it.
The following is some tips for using spray paint:
- 1: First of all, pay attention to safety. This spray paint is toxic and flammable, so protect it from children;
- 2: Wear masks, Wear gloves, and Wear safety glasses;
- 3: Cover the surface parts that do not need to be painted with tape;
- 4: Shake the spray paint can vigorously for at least one minute before use, shaking during use;
- 5: Clean the surface of the object;
- 6: It is better if the surface of the object is coated with a primer first;
- 7: After spraying, don't think that it is good to expose to the sun, the best drying temperature is room temperature;
- 8: About 25~35cm away from the surface of the object when spraying;
- 9: Spray in steady back and forth motion;
- 10: You can spray lightly once every few minutes first, to maintain proper thickness. Recoat within 1 hour or after 48 hours;
- 11: Clean valve immediately after use by turning can upside down and depressing spray button for 5 seconds;
Spray text or logo
If the main purpose of buying spray paint is to spray text or logos on the surface of the object, it is recommended not to spray to the surface directly, but to make a template first.
You can make the template yourself, but the paper at home may not be professional enough, because the template needs a certain thickness to be suitable for spray painting, so if you want to have better results, it is recommended to purchase template.
You can buy Rust-Oleum spray paint in local shopping malls or Amazon.