Wyze Cam V2 Smart Home Camera Unboxing
In addition to their own Blink camera, Amazon also officially sells a third-party Wyze smart camera series.
The history of Wyze Cam seems to be longer than that of Blink cameras, and in public evaluation, it seems that Wyze V2 has a better reputation than Blink Mini, at least so far.
Let us first check Wyze Cam V2 technical specs.
Wyze Cam V2 Smart Home Camera Tech Specs
- 1080p FHD
- CPU – 1.0GHz
- Momory - 128MB
- Camera - Lens: F2.0 aperture, 2.8mm focal length, Image sensor: 1/2.9" CMOS, Digital zoom: 8x
- 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz
- 110 degrees lens
- Night Version: 4 IR LEDs (850nm), Illuminates up to 29.6 feet (9m)
- Live view streaming and recording
- Motion Detect
- Built-in Speaker and 2-way audio recording
- Supports Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT
- Cloud Storage: Free rolling 14 days of Event Videos stored in the AWS Cloud
- Local Storage: Supports 8GB/16GB/32GB microSD cards
- Magnetic Mounting Method
- Size 56 mm x 50 mm x 50 mm
- Weight 100g
Wyze Cam V2 has all the technical specs of Blink Mini Camera, and it also supports more features. such as:
- Wyze Cam V2 supports local storage, users can use a MicroSD card;
- IR light can be turned off separately;
- Supports Goolge Assistant;
- Provides 14 days of rolling free cloud storage.
Many users praised Wyze's 14-day free rolling cloud storage.
Wyze Cam V2 Smart Camera Unboxing
Below is the unboxing process of our Wyze Cam V2 Smart Camera.
This is the box for Wyze Cam V2.
Here are all the objects in the box:
- Wyze Cam V2
- USB cable
- Power Adapter
- Metal panel on wall
Below is the front and side of Wyze Cam V2. There is a camera lens on the front and a microphone under the lens. In addition, there are 4 IR infrared lights around the lens.
Below is the back of Wyze Cam V2. Here we see vents, USB ports, power sockets, and status indicators.
The design of the status indicator is in the back helps people to place the Wyze Cam V2 camera behind the glass to monitor the outdoor in night, which can avoid the light reflection.
Of course, the infrared light must be turned off through the glass (and the Wyze cam just provides this function), and then the external infrared resource can be used.
Below is the bottom of Wyze Cam V2. Here we can see the insertion port of the MicroSD card, and the Setup button.
The bracket at the bottom of the Wyze Cam camera can be folded and unfolded to provide different heights for the camera. There is also a magnet at the bottom, which can be attached to the metal surface to facilitate the installation of the camera.
Wyze also provides a metal base plate that can be nailed to the wall with the package, and the Wyze camera can be directly attached to it.
Where to Buy